Friday, May 28, 2010

Exploration into the Blogging World


Thinkbloginversion_1I always told myself that I would be too lazy to venture into the blog universe, though I wondered what it was like. However, I drew inspiration after paying a visit to my abuelos, aunt, and uncle in Ohio. I figured that a blog would be a simple, fun way to keep my family updated on my endeavors (with a bit more detail than a Facebook status) while practicing my writing at the same time. Besides, I already have two family members with blogs, so why not give it a try?
This past week I had the pleasure of going to Ohio to pay a visit to family, for unfortunate reasons. Though the visit did my grandparents good, I think it did me some good as well. It was very nice to see them along with my aunt and uncle, but it was also nice just to get away. Their home is in Gambier, Ohio, which is characterized by crop fields as well as forests full of life. Luckily, the weather treated me well, and I was given three beautiful days of blue skies and a warm sun to welcome me. As I sat on the porch with various family members, I was able to look out over lush trees with newly born spring leaves. All around birds sang their praises to the great weather. All in all, it was very soothing and relaxing to enjoy. I also got to renew my friendship with Lizzy, the dog. She is a bundle of energy and a joy to be around. She always makes those around her have as much fun as she does; I had a fabulous time wearing each other out with fun games. I also got to meet Hamlet, the newest cat. I imagine my aunt and uncle will lose count of the number rescued animals they have sheltered quite soon because I already have.
I was happy to finally get to pay grandpa a visit. Though very feeble, he is in good spirits and in the best place for him and grandma. It was nice getting to share stories and reminisce about past memories. I also had a great time with grandma, who has not slowed down her pace of questions asked (AT ALL). She whipped up some delicious tofu sandwiches for me, as always, and took care of me. I cannot forget my aunt and uncle. I loved getting to spend some quality time with them, since my aunt didn't have work to worry about. They cooked some delicious dinners and treated me to a tasty ice cream parlor on the Kenyon College campus. They handed me some good laughs and a warm welcome into their home. My uncle also managed to hand me a whipping in Scrabble. I had a great relaxing visit with my family, and now I am back home to spend some time with friends, as well and embrace the summer spirit.

1 comment:

  1. Me da pena que no sigas el blog pues me encanta leerte..Deberías sacar un ratito para escribir sobre tu semanita en Puerto Rico en el 2013. El blog te sirve para no olvidar.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am Puerto Rican and very proud of it. I have the privilege of being bilingual, as well. I am a recent graduate and eager to go off to college and start my life. I hope to have a great experience and get the most out of it.